Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Update from Lennox Head

I have proven to be very lax in updating my blog and the truth of it is, I was hoping to update with exciting news of employment! Unfortunately, I have no such news. At the moment, I am back where I was last year at Optus, the telecommunications company. I have been reminding myself to be thankful for at least a few hours a week to help pay rent, but am a bit disappointed in all honestly. I am trying ever so hard to stay optimistic, but it seems that the U.S. economy has in fact effected Australia's economy and everything seems to be slowing down. Job applications resemble college essays which is a full time job in itself. Positions open and close with no reason leaving me without work and frustrated. I am brainstorming plans B, C, D, and F and promise to keep you all posted on that.
Meanwhile I have been cooking.... lots. Our veggie patch is out of control producing lettuce for salads every night, herbs, and all other sorts of random greens. I enjoyed a 10 day visit from a friend from high school where we adventured around, drank lots of coffee, and enjoyed the beach. BBQs are a regular weekend occurrence and Brett and I are getting used to each other all over again :)
And then there was the election. OBAMA! It was a very exciting evening over here and has been a major topic of conversation. Nearly everything I hear from the Aussies and Europeans is optimistic and positive which certainly is a refreshing change. Lets' keep our fingers crossed and HOPE for CHANGE.

5 comments:

Emily said...

your garden sounds amazing, i wish i could enjoy your cooking! i love the top pic, beautiful. it was great to chat with you the other day...miss you!
emily

Margaret Blogs said...

you are wonderful. i will post pics of the garden. i miss you and am thinking of cambodia!

Your Mother! said...

Wish I was there to eat some lettuce w/ you!
Good job on the blog Margaret.........Love and miss you!

Unknown said...

Visitors are attracted here by the splendid beaches, surfers especially enjoy the right hand surfing break, the incredible scenery and the great weather. This is a place of wide open spaces and vast vistas. Just start start walking north on the beach towards Broken Head, if you want to feel a bit lonely.

--------------

kesha

Influncer

Your Mother! said...

I am trying AGAIN to reply......
All will work out Margaret, I know this is frustrating for you. You are in my heart always.
I will try and call in 15 hours! Happy Sunday!