Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Here I am!

Just under a week and nearly a home? Well, not just yet, but we certainly are working on it! Brett and I have wasted no time in shopping, buying such purchases as a couch, kitchen table, dishes, and a car! As Josh put it, we are doing our best to support the Aussie economy. To our left is my biggest purchase, a 97' Mitsubishi Mirage I bought off my friend Shelly. Unfortunately, after attempting to get a "blue slip" today for its registration, I was informed that the little red zoom, zoom needs a new muffler. BUMMER! Oh well, still a thrifty purchase and thankfully nothing else was found wrong. Mr. Mechanic explained to me that if I failed to replace the muffler, not only would I be unable to get it registered, but I may also pass out from the exhaust fumes. Imagine that! No worries, we are on it! Other than that, all is well in sunny Australia. The sun seems to shine most days and the rain seems to pour most nights. We have a thriving "veggie patch" in the backyard and pet tiger worms who live off our compost. I am still unemployed, but have my fingers crossed for one or two potentials. I am struggling a little with homesickness, but with time that will fade.

5 comments:

Your Mother! said...

WORMS??????????
The car looks great!
I know you will get the job Margaret.
Opie told me this morning he misses our times on the porch together.
I will check out the phone thing.
I LOVE AND MISS YOU!
Your Mother

Margaret Blogs said...

hey there ms. domestic! how is the apron treating you? i hope you don't catch anything from those worms...knowing you...you would! no, no, let them keep eating your yummy trash...we all miss you and don't zoom zoom too fast in that hot car of yours!

Margaret Blogs said...

oops..that last one was me your sister.. and yes i am using the computer!

Emily said...

yo! sweet ride...once the muffler fell off of my volvo in highschool while driving...i can't wait to see pics of your house, veggie patch and everything else! have you dabbled in any jewelry making, surfing, etc yet?
miss you!
Emily

Josh, Sarah and Ellie Schulz said...

Margaret...glad to see you are doing well. Please post pics - you know, you can post all you want (just about)! Helps me feel like I am seeing you, even if it has been quite a while :-(
Wishing you happiness...Sarah