Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Giddy UP!

Not so long ago, with boyfriend in Indonesia surfing, I ventured to Brisbane, the BIG city with Shelly for a girls day out where we met up with some of her close friends from home.
The day began with a beautiful brunch, champagne, and several hours at the races. Apparently, horses are very Australian as is gambling and "piss" aka "grog" aka alcohol. What is that saying, "when in Rome do as the Romans do..." so this I did! AND managed to lose a few bucks on some horses I chose for their pretty names. Lesson learned. It was a great break from the small town, but entirely exhausting and seriously took me nearly a week to recover.

1 comment:

Your Mother! said...

Great pic!
Opie told me to tell you he misses you ALOT!
Will talk soon.........I love you margaret.
Your Mother